What’s the best thing you can do for your wedding photos? You want to capture all of the memories, take beautiful portraits, and have fun doing it, right!?
Hint: The answer doesn’t even technically have anything to do with your wedding day!
Although, it kind of does!
I’m talking about doing an engagement session with your wedding photographer! Not just any photographer. Again, your actual wedding photographer.
Engagement sessions, to us as photographers, are one of the most important things you can do to improve your photography experience at your wedding!
They are SO important to us that we include them complimentary in our wedding packages. We want to meet our couples ahead of time, and we think it’s so important that they meet and spend some time with us too.
Why engagement sessions are so important for your wedding photos
Aside from just meeting, the engagement session is a great way to get comfortable in front of the camera and in front of/with your photographer. It’s a relaxed way to get in the groove, so you’ll feel completely comfortable and like pros on your wedding day!
Especially if you have a partner who is skeptical of photos (we’re looking at you, guys). They may not be thrilled about engagement photos, but if you have a compatible photographer, it will help him relax about photos on the wedding day – we’ve seen it a million times!
We notice a huge difference in initial comfort when we show up on a wedding day. It’s hard to get to know your photographers when you’re busy with everything else on your wedding day!
- Allow you to develop a relationship with your photographer, so they feel like friends on your wedding day
- Help you get comfortable in front of the camera and with posing
- Help you develop even more trust in your photographer (you’ll feel so much more relaxed about your wedding day photos)
- Capture the sweet memories of your engagement period – a time in your life that doesn’t last long!
- Gives you photos for your save the dates, thank you cards, invites, etc.
- Gives you plenty of nice photos to use around the house or online!